Whipped Blueberry Cheesecake
Whenever my Mom used to make this light, whippy dessert, I would race into the kitchen and eyeball her until she handed over the bowl and spatula! Nothing better than a cheesecake leavins' bowl to a kid that loved blueberry anything!
To make this billowy treat, preheat your oven to 375 degrees...next, pour 1-1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs into an 9x13 inch baking pan (I use "Honeymaid" crumbs....I found the "No Name" brand sort of tasted like perfume or something along those chemical lines!),
...add a 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to the crumbs...
..and a 1/4 cup of melted butter.
Stir the crumb mixture together with a fork until fully combined (I mix everything in the pan, so I don't have to wash another bowl...I'm sort of lazy that way!)
Using your hands (preferably clean hands, but, that's your call), press crumbs evenly along bottom and into corners of the pan, then bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
While the crust is cooling, prepare the filling...in the bowl of a stand mixer (using the paddle attachment)...or in a large bowl (using electric beaters), beat 2 blocks of softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Next, add in a 1/2 cup of granulated sugar...
...and 1 tsp. of vanilla (you can also use lemon juice, if that tickles your fancy!)...then beat again, until all is combined.
Next, add 1 large container of thawed "Cool Whip"...on the lowest setting of your mixer, "fold" in cool whip until it is fully incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
Once the cream cheese and cool whip are combined, stir in 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, do not thaw berries).
Scrape mixture out onto the cooled graham crust...
...spreading out evenly and into corners of the pan.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set. Using a sharp knife, cut cheesecake into squares to serve.
A billowy, light as a cloud dessert, fit to follow any meal...still one of my all time faves!
Whipped Blueberry Cheesecake
1-1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees...In a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, pour in the graham crumbs and sugar...mix together before adding in the melted butter.
2. Stir with a fork until fully combined then press evenly into pan and into the corners.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 large container of "Cool Whip"
1 tsp. of vanilla (or lemon juice)
2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen , do not thaw berries)
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer (using the paddle attachment) or in a large bowl (using electric beaters), beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the sugar and vanilla...continue to beat until combined.
3. Fold in the container of cool whip then stir in the blueberries.
4. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust.
5. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and store in fridge for several hours or overnight...Using a sharp knife, cut cheesecake into squares before serving...Enjoy! :)