Rocky Road Squares
I think that if Isabel and I were on a game show and the tie breaking question was "What is your daughter's favourite square?"...I would jump out of my seat, high five the host and yell "Rocky Road Squares!!!!!" (as "We are the Champions" by Queen played in the background)...I'm not sure if that will happen, but if it does, we've got this one in the bag because these truly are her favourite.
These squares are really quick and easy to whip up, so I thought that I would make Isabel earn her keep and roll up her sleeves as I snapped the photos...I figured that since I won the game show for us, the least she could do was make ME these treats! First, you will need: semi-sweet chocolate chips, corn syrup, peanut butter, mini marshmallows and Rice Krispies (or any knock-off brand will do).
In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup of smooth or crunchy peanut butter (we used smooth, we're kinda straight-laced that way!)
...and 3/4 cup of corn syrup.
Place the saucepan over medium/low heat,
...and stir until peanut butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
Remove from heat and pour in 1-1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips...
Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir until chocolate chips have melted and mixture is smooth...set aside to cool slightly.
In a very large bowl, combine 3 cups of Rice Krispies and 4 cups of mini marshmallows.
Stir the marshmallows so they are evenly distributed throughout the cereal.
Scrape the melted chocolate over top of the cereal/marshmallow mixture...
...and stir until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
Spoon into a 9x9 inch, parchment paper lined baking pan and set aside.
When mixture has firmed up, remove from pan using the excess parchment paper as "handles"...
...then cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container...I do not keep these in the fridge, simply because I don't want to break off a front tooth and look like Lloyd Christmas from "Dumb & Dumber"! ...although I think these squares might be worth the dental post implant! :)
This is Isabel enjoying the fruits of her labour! :)
Rocky Road Squares
3 cups of Rice Krispies
4 cups of mini marshmallows
1-1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
3/4 cup of corn syrup
1. In a small saucepan, over medium/low heat, combine the peanut butter and corn syrup...stir until peanut butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Remove from heat and pour in the chocolate chips...stir until chocolate has melted...set aside and let cool slightly.
3. In a very large bowl, combine the cereal and marshmallows...stir to combine.
4. Scrape the peanut butter/chocolate concoction into the cereal/marshmallow mixture and stir until completely incorporated, then dump 'er into a parchment paper lined 9 x 9 inch baking pan...set aside until firm.
5. Remove from pan, using the excess parchment paper as handles and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container...Enjoy! :)