These cookies, I will have to say, are addictive! Whenever, I send baked goods into my husband's work, even the "non-sweet-eaters" gobble them up...
...a perfect combination of peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate, these soft and chewy cookies are simply superb with a cold glass of milk!
To make these chewy little treasures, you will need: peanut butter, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, oatmeal (quick oats), all purpose flour, baking soda, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
First, in the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl using electric beaters), cream a 1/2 cup of unsalted butter...
...add 1-1/2 cups of peanut butter (I use smooth but if you really want to let your hair down, use crunchy!)...
...and beat on high speed until smooth.
Next, pour in 3/4 cup of granulated sugar,
...2/3 cup of packed brown sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
Add in 2 whole eggs,
...and 1-1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract...mix until all is incorporated.
In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of quick oats...
...3/4 cup of all purpose flour,
...and a 1/2 tsp. of baking soda (not baking powder).
Combine with a fork...
...and add it all at once to the butter mixture...mix on low just until the flour and butter mixture is fully combined.
Next, dump in 1-1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips...
Stir until all is combined.
Scoop out about 2 tbsps. of cookie dough for each cookie and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
I like to add a few chocolate chips to the top of each dough ball, strictly for decoration and showing off purposes...it's the little things that light up my life!
Bake the cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes...
...or until the edges are set...the cookies will seem underbaked at this point but will continue to bake once they are out of the oven.
Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 5-7 minutes...
...before transferring them to wire racks to cool.
Serve warm with a cold glass of milk or if you have self control (as I obviously do not, judging by the above photo)...
...let them cool completely and store in an airtight container...Enjoy!
Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/2 cups of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
2/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed
1-1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 cup of quick oats
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. of baking soda (not baking powder)
1-1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (and a few more to put on the tops of the dough balls for decoration)
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat softened butter and peanut butter until smooth.
2. Add in the sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Next add your eggs and vanilla extract...beat until all is incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour and baking soda...stir with a fork and dump it into the butter mixture...mix on low just until all of the flour is mixed in.
5. Pour in the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
6. Drop by spoonful (about 2 tbsp's ) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges have set. The cookies will look slightly under baked at this point but will continue to bake outside of the oven.
7. Let sit for about 5-7 minutes on baking sheet before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.